When should I tweet? When should I post to Facebook?
I am sure you have asked this question time and time again. For most of us the answer is, “when I have time.” I would encourage you to go back and find several of your most popular (and even not so popular) posts on both Facebook and Twitter and ask yourself a couple of questions:
- Who was the audience? B2C, B2B, Internal, External?
- What day where these updates posted?
- What time of day?
- Did the post include a link?
- Did the post include a picture/video?
Now make a simple chart in excel and see what you find. What are the commonalities? Do Tweets do well on a certain day? When should you post to Facebook, and to what group?
I am willing to bet doing this will help you craft a frequency strategy for your social program moving forward.
Now when someone ask why you have not posted their seminar flyer on Facebook you can say, “It will post Sunday mid-day, because we have seen our largest window for engagement is the weekend for a B2C audience on Facebook.”
Answers like this will continue to bring/build credibility to what you are doing as a marketer.
Below is a cool infographic from Argyle Social to help you get started thinking down this path (click to view full size:)
Latest posts by Reed Smith (see all)
- I turned off my phone for a week. You will never guess what happened next… - August 18, 2014
- The Bottom of the Funnel… Then What? - July 15, 2014
- The How Matters - June 26, 2014