I’ll be honest. Over the last few months (read: when G+ launched) I have spent less and less time on Twitter. I have a couple of thoughts on why this is:
- Facebook has critical mass so you will continue to spend time there with friends or to market to that group. Facebook ads have become a really nice way to get a message out cost effectively.
- Google +, for me, has become Twitter with out limitations. I use it for more like a business version of Facebook.
- I am just not sure how I should use Twitter anymore?
What I still find useful about Twitter is the ability to connect with my extended network. I have an iPhone and it is full of contact info, but not all my Twitter connections are in there of course. Twitter affords me a rolodex of industry leaders I can message and connect with.
- Personal = Facebook
- Business = Blog, G+, Twitter
I want to hear from others… Do you still see the benefit of Twitter?
(I’ll be right back after I Tweet out this post…)
Latest posts by Reed Smith (see all)
- I turned off my phone for a week. You will never guess what happened next… - August 18, 2014
- The Bottom of the Funnel… Then What? - July 15, 2014
- The How Matters - June 26, 2014