A lot has been made about Apple and how they handled “antenagate 2010.” If you followed along you know the issues with the iPhone 4 and signal strength that comes from holding the phone a certain way. All of this can be fixed by using a case, etc, etc…
In the course of this I noticed a that referenced posts by The iPhone Guru, The Unofficial Apple Weblog, and CrunchGear telling readers to use a Livestrong yellow band as a fix.
So here is where Apple should have stepped in…
- Apple should have reached out to Livestrong and collaborated on a yellow Apple Bumper Case with Livestrong branding like the bracelets.
- Apple then should have announced they would give out (like they did with their current cases) free Livestrong Yellow Bumper Cases (One per customer, purchase extras).
- For each one given away or sold a dollar (just like the bracelets) would go to Livestrong”s global fight on cancer.
This would have accomplished two things…
- Apple would have created a large sum of money for the cancer fight.
- Apple would have had a much different story told in the media.
Apple is not use to having to deal with these types of scenarios but in this case (no pun intended) they had a great opportunity to make a positive out of a negative… I still think a Livestrong bumper case from Apple would be a great product regardless.
Click here to learn more about Livestrong and their mission
[image source: Livestrong]
- Previous Post Survey Says: Doctors Benefit from Being On-Line
- Next Post NeuroTexas Institute Launches Research Site